Home security can be a way to keep your home, your family and your belongings safe. It can also make you feel like you are spying on people you should trust – the people you employ, those you live with and those you invite into your home. The decision to install a nanny camor any of the spy cameras on the market is a tough choice. It is, however, usually the case that it is better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have it.
You might need a nanny cam for a variety of reasons. The most obvious one is that you want to ensure that your nanny treats your children well and that she is not being abusive or neglectful. It could also be that you believe she might be engaging in harmful activities in your home. Either way, there are a few indicators that should be evident that can help you decide whether a Nanny Cam is warranted.
The primary reason to install a nanny cam is to protect your children from harm or abuse. Signs of abuse can be difficult to spot. Here is a list of common symptoms exhibited by children who are mistreated.
- The child becomes severely withdrawn and does not engage in his favorite activities.
- The child seems unusually watchful or anti-social and is very hesitant to engage in affectionate touching, sometimes wincing at sudden noises or movements.
- The child’s schoolwork suffers. The child may also begin to act out when away from home, creating unusual behavioral problems.
- The child will not seek parental help for medical concerns, including allowing injuries to go unnoticed or attempting to hide illnesses.
- The child is hesitant to return home from school or other activities that take her away from home.
- The child shows minimal if any affection for his nanny or caretaker.
If your child is showing any of these symptoms, a nanny cam is an absolute necessity to help determine what is happening with the child. Even if the nanny is not to blame for the behavior, the child could be experiencing any number of difficulties that you need to be aware of.
Child endangerment is not the only reason to install a nanny cam. If you suddenly begin to find valuable items missing from your home, or you suspect that a nanny, housekeeper or family member could be stealing, installing a nanny cam can quickly confirm or deny your suspicions. It can also assist you in finding misplaced items if you are somewhat forgetful, and thus absolve innocent employees of wrongdoing.
The installation of a nanny cam or network of wireless cameras is especially useful if you live with elderly or infirm family members because it can give you independence while also assuring you that they are safe in the home while you and your family are away. Elder abuse of those who are cared for by visiting nurses or caretakers is just as harmful as the abuse of a child, and the elderly will often refuse to admit that they are being subjected to mistreatment out of shame or embarrassment.
A solid rule of thumb is that anyone who has employees or other people coming in and out of their home should install a nanny cam for the sake of safety. Those who suspect their family of illegal or illicit activity would do well to use a nanny cam as well. While they may accuse you of spying on them or invading their privacy, anything you do to protect your family and to maintain their well-being is not an act of intrusion, but one of love.